Welcome to the Mathematics page. We will share with you information and interesting activities about the Mathematics provision at St Anthony of Padua. Please also see the key information tab to view ways to support your child’s maths at home and to find out about exciting ways we help the children to learn maths in school and our achievement of the LIverpool Counts Quality Mark Gold award.
Here are some fun activities, resources and websites to help support your child’s maths at home.
Maths at home
St Anthony of Padua Primary School is pleased to announce that we are participating in an exciting new pilot project in Liverpool to promote Mathematics in our city.
The aims of the project are:
• to raise the profile of Numeracy / Mathematics
• to change the culture of thinking around Numeracy / Mathematics
• to make real life connections
• to understand how Numeracy / Mathematics can affect life choices
• to make connections with other subjects
• to share and celebrate the enjoyment of Numeracy / Mathematics
We will, therefore, be holding events throughout this school year to help everyone to have fun and improve their mathematics skills.
The dates of events will be on our website so please come along and help us to achieve these aims!
Numeracy for life
The National Numeracy Challenge online is an interactive site that helps adults learn the maths needed for everyday life. Click on the link below to find out more details