St Anthony of Padua Primary School is pleased to announce that we are participating in an exciting new pilot project in Liverpool to promote Mathematics in our city.
The aims of the project are:
• to raise the profile of Numeracy / Mathematics
• to change the culture of thinking around Numeracy / Mathematics
• to make real life connections
• to understand how Numeracy / Mathematics can affect life choices
• to make connections with other subjects
• to share and celebrate the enjoyment of Numeracy / Mathematics
We will, therefore, be holding events throughout this school year to help everyone to have fun and improve their mathematics skills.
The dates of events will be on our website so please come along and help us to achieve these aims!
Numeracy for life
The National Numeracy Challenge online is an interactive site that helps adults learn the maths needed for everyday life. Click on the link below to find out more details
Every fortnight, the children will have the opportunity to complete a mathematics challenge or puzzle. These challenges are displayed on the Mathematics Ambassadors board in the main corridor in school and there is a wallet for completed puzzles. The activities will also be on the newsletter so families can participate. Correct entries will be drawn in assembly every other Friday and 2 lucky pupils will win a prize.
A useful maths Fact of the Fortnight for the children to learn is also displayed on the board.